Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sun, June 29, 2008: Infinite Paths

((I continue to be amazed by the circularity of this blog, both the times of year that I travel to places and the realizations that I have about my life. These paragraphs explain the course of my life even better now than they did a year ago, because I am truly free to choose any path. That being said, I made the decision to renew my lease yesterday for another year. I leaped onto the path that I feel is right in my heart, and while I can't see where it will lead me I am doing my best to walk it without fear.))

* * * *

Last night while I was in that strange place between being awake and asleep, a picture flashed itself into existence against the back of my eyelids. I saw myself standing at the threshold of a massive translucent sphere with countless pathways stretching themselves before me in all directions. My thoughts whipped me back to the mindset I had while on my trip to Vail, my attempt to pick up the wave where it left me beached in Denver, and I was able to truly feel that the wave didn't leave me at all. Instead, it seems as though I was following one path with fewer crossroads in order to arrive at the edge of limitless possibilities.

After traveling on a narrow path all this time, it feels strange to have so many choices and opportunities suddenly at my feet. It also feels like it's about time! After a year of seemingly unending struggles and upheaval, it was wonderful to see that I have choices.

The very best part of it is that I feel found again.

No comments: